Regarding Student Accident Insurance etc.

Student accident insurance, ambulance cover arrangements and private property brought to schools.

  • parents/guardians please note that:
    • parents/guardians of students, who do not have student accident insurance, are responsible for paying the cost of medical treatment for injured students, including the cost of ambulance attendance/transport and any other transport costs; and
    • parents/guardians can purchase insurance policies from commercial insurers
  • Principals should remind parents/guardians that the Department of Education does not hold insurance for personal property brought to schools and it has no capacity to pay for any loss or damage to such property