What is COMPASS School Manager?
All parents, guardians, students and teachers in the Lyndale Secondary College community have a personal secure online Lyndale COMPASS account. By regularly logging in to COMPASS you will be kept well informed about what is happening at Lyndale including information specific to your child. We recommend you check your COMPASS portal once per day so that you do not miss any important information.
Through their account parents and guardians receive important communications, are kept informed about their child’s learning progress, are provided with access to their child’s attendance history, can approve absences online, manage excursion permission forms, make school payments, receive school reports and access many other tools and information related to their child’s schooling. An alert will appear in your Compass Dashboard when actions are required. Parents can access Compass at their convenience via any computer or mobile phone that is connected to the Internet.
By logging in to their portal parents will be able to:
- Update their registered email and mobile number details (used for SMS alerts)
- Access information regarding upcoming events and our newsletter
- Manage their Compass password
- View teacher comments on work their child has submitted through Compass
- View their child’s timetable
- View up to date class lesson plans and school attendance information
- Approve or enter upcoming or past absences for their son/daughter
- Book Parent/Student/Teacher conferences each term
- SMS alerts of absences
- Communicate with their child’s teachers
- Approve and pay for upcoming excursions (print and return forms to the school or alternatively approve excursion notices and make payment online)
- Complete their child’s course selection information
- Payment of school fees, other costs and contributions (online if preferred)
- Access their child’s progress reports and Semester Reports
To access the secure Compass portal go to https://lyndale-vic.compass.education/ The school will provide parents with their personal login details. On their first login parents are required to verify their details and to change the password provided. Parents should not share their login details with anyone. This includes their own children, who are issued with their own login.
The college will provide parents with their personal login details. On their first login parents are required to verify their details and to change the password provided. Parents should not share their login details with anyone. This includes their own children, who are issued with their own login.
Need help with COMPASS?
If your child is newly enrolled you will be provided with your COMPASS login details. Parents who have any questions or require technical support accessing COMPASS should contact the school on (03)9795 2366
While most features of COMPASS are not difficult to understand, it will take you a little time to become familiar with the interface. Parents, students and teachers can all access different features that are appropriate for them. Ask you child to show you what their COMPASS interface looks like. Also, on the top right hand of your screen, you will see a “cog” icon. Clicking this icon will give you access to a HELP section. It will also allow you to change your personal details such as your email address, mobile number and password.
Other HOW TO help guides are published periodically through COMPASS and will appear in your newsfeed at appropriate times throughout the year. You can read these online or download them to your computer if you wish.